Noughty Dealcoholized Sparkling Rosé
Noughty is produced with 100% organic Tempranillo grapes grown on sandy and calcareous soils, in vineyards located in La Mancha, Spain. The grapes were macerated for 4 hours on their skins. Pale pink color, soft scent of ripe apples accompanied by a touch of sweetness.
– Noughty starts as wine and retains all of its vinous qualities and rich flavors.
– Carl Jung’s patented de-alcoholization process is clean and simple, as low intervention as possible.
– The finished wine, fermented dry, is vacuum distilled so the alcohol component can be removed at 86 degrees, a much cooler temperature than boiling. The bottle is then lightly carbonated.
– Half the sugar content of other non-alcoholic sparkling wines.
– A tiny amount of organic sugar is added at bottling to create a perfectly balanced, dry, alcohol-free sparkling wine.
– 14 calories/100 mL, 105 calories/bottle.
– certified both organic and vegan.
– Thomson & Scott is a certified B-Corp, which encapsulates everything about Amanda’s philosophy: ethical, honest wines. Profit with purpose.
Preparing for a marathon, busy workweek, Dry January, driving, expecting, having an early start the next day, watching calories… whatever the reason, you can still enjoy the party! Noughty and its elegant packaging also makes a great gift for somebody who appreciates some alcohol-free times.
About the Producer
Amanda Thomson is the CEO and Founder of Thomson & Scott. After a successful career as an Arts Broadcaster at the BBC, she moved to Paris and studied for her Diploma in Wine at the renowned Le Cordon Bleu School. She noticed that people were becoming increasingly concerned about what was in their food, but no one was asking what was in their wine. Having been brought up on a vegetarian, no sugar diet by her health conscious single mother, she had a keen interest herself in healthy living. Her idea of creating a Champagne brand based upon honesty and transparency won Amanda the school’s coveted Entrepreneur Award. This led her to work with top wineries to craft her own line and create an entirely new sector in the wine industry: sparkling wines that cut unnecessary sugar, are organic & vegan certified, and above all clear about what’s in the bottle.
However when she looked into alcohol free wines, the offerings were depressingly bad; they didn’t consider the wine part seriously. Amanda thought she could take a sophisticated, vinous approach to crafting an alcohol-free sparkling just as she created their alcoholic counterparts. Time and research led her to southern Germany and Carl Jung, whose family has a patented method of de-alcoholization, dating from 1908. A partnership fermented, and Noughty, a perfectly balanced alcohol-free Blanc de Blancs was born.
The rise of the non-alcoholic market: projected to reach $1.6 trillion by 2025. ✭ consumers increasingly attracted to well-being ✭ young-minded drinkers also looking to support transparent wines made without unnecessary sugar and animal by-products, and from vines grown in a way respectful of their environment.
Thomson & Scott