100% Espadin. Produced from 6-7 year old agave, single distilled with no artificial additives or flavorings. At 40% this mezcal has fresh acidity, round fruitiness and a nice balance of roasted agave and smokiness. The finish is clean and light on the palate with hints of jalapeño spice. Enjoy neat or mixed in cocktails.
About the Producer
Espíritu Corsa began its journey in January 2010 with one goal: producing the best mezcal in México. The mezcals are made in San Agustin Amatengo (in the province of Oaxaca) following a traditional artisan process that is all natural and handcrafted, without any additives or artificial products.
This authentic and traditional handcrafted process includes:
* agaves are grown cultivated and wild
* agaves are hand shredded with machetes and cooked in earth ovens
* mashing process is done by using an animal traction mill wheel
* fermented 8 to 15 days in wooden barrels
* single distillation in copper stills
* bottled by hand
Espiritu Corsa produces three levels of mezcal: Buen Bicho, Santa Pedrera and Espiritu Lauro, the last including the Single Agave Series.