tourbillon gigondas



Country France
Region Rhône Valley
Producer Domaine Tourbillon


Style Red
Practices Sustainable
Grapes Cinsault, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah
Other Features Vegan

77% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre, 3% Cinsault. Fermented with indigenous yeasts (not always the case, depending on the vintages), half in tronconic wooden vats and half in concrete tanks. 30% of the wine is transferred to 2,25hl French oak barrels (Guigal et François frères) and 3 demi-muids from Billon, with the remaining 70% in concrete tanks. The wine is unfined, but lightly filtered. 15% ABV. 

Availability:In Stock & Ready to Ship
Product Code: SKU - wine327 Category:

About the Producer

Benjamin Tourbillon took over the family estate after his grandparents, who were winegrowers in Gigondas. They worked the land in harmony with nature and produced wines of character. Guided by his knowledge and passion, Benjamin follows the same philosophy. The domaine is by the Dentelles de Montmirail, a small chain of mountains located just to the south of the village of Vaison-la-Romaine. Benjamin strives to produce wines that reflect the fantastic terroir they come from. The 30 ha of estate vineyards encompass Châteauneuf du Pape, Gigondas, Travaillan and Violès. In 2012, an ultra-modern winery was built by renowned Lubéron architect Rudy Flament. The top-of-the-line equipment comes from Italy, and the winery has its own bottling machine. Total production is around 11,000 cases. Benjamin also grows cherry trees.

Farming/vinification practices: sustainable farming. Pesticides and herbicides may be used when needed, but most of the work is manual and mechanical (plowing, canopy management). The grapes are hand-harvested. The wines are vegan.

Domaine Tourbillon

related products