|Benjamin Tourbillon took over the family estate after his grandparents, who were winegrowers in Gigondas. They worked the land in harmony with nature and produced wines of character. Guided by his knowledge and passion, Benjamin follows the same philosophy. The domaine is by the Dentelles de Montmirail, a small chain of mountains located just to the south of the village of Vaison-la-Romaine. Benjamin strives to produce wines that reflect the fantastic terroir they come from. The 33 ha of estate vineyards encompass Châteauneuf du Pape, Gigondas, Travaillan and Violès. In 2012, an ultra-modern winery was built by renowned Lubéron architect Rudy Flament. The total production is around 11,000 cases.|
Farming/vinification practices: sustainable farming. Pesticides and herbicides may be used when needed, but most of the work is manual and mechanical (plowing, canopy management). The wines are vegan.
|Domaine Tourbillon Website|
|Vin de Pays de Vaucluse|
|100% Grenache. Fermentation (indigenous yeasts) and aging in concrete tanks, for 6 months. The wine is not fined, but lightly filtered. 13.5% ABV. |
|77% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre, 3% Cinsault. The 2014 was fermented with indigenous yeasts (not always the case, depending on the vintages), half in tronconic wooden vats and half in concrete tanks. In March 2015, 30% of the wine was transferred to 2,25hl French oak barrels (Guigal et François frères) and 3 demi-muids from Billon, with the remaining 70% in concrete tanks. The wine was not fined, but lightly filtered. 15% ABV. |
|Printer Friendly Version|
|Copyright © 2002-2017|
VOS Selections, Inc.